How to activate post office ATM card? is the question that arises as soon as you open to obtain an ATM card from the Post office. The post office ATM card activation process is that you would want to know immediately.
In this post specifically, you will know How to activate the post office ATM card? and complete process of post office atm card activation
In particular, the detailed process involved in the activation of the Post office ATM card.
What are the Limitations involved and precautions to be taken?
And Lots more
Let’s dive in.
How to activate the post office ATM card?
Post office ATM Card Activation
1. To begin with the process for postal atm card activation, at the time of opening of Post of Savings Account, you will be offered with ATM card on application. Meanwhile, you are given an ATM Kit.
Post office Debit Card Activation
2. Second step in the process of post office debit card activation is that you may open the sealed cover and take out the ATM card and sign on the reverse of the ATM card also in the place provided for the purpose as a security measure.
3. While you go for Post office debit card activation some precautions are to be taken simultaneously.
Take care while opening the PIN cover otherwise you may cut across the PIN spoiling it. Then, you will find a 4-digit secret PIN written inside the cover.
4. After that, you may have to use this 4-digit secret PIN number for the activation of your ATM card.
Activate Post office ATM Card
5. Meanwhile, the ATM card can be activated only after 24 hours from the time of the issue of the post office ATM card to you.
6. For the first time, you have to use Post office ATM only to get it( post office atm card activation) activated specifically.
7. You will be able to activate (postal ATM card activation) only when you use it in the DoP(Department of Posts) ATM only for the first time(not in Bank ATMs).
How to activate Postal ATM card?
How to activate India Post atm card?
8. When you enter the Post office ATM and insert the ATM card in the slot, it pops up a message that activation is going on.
9. Later, the ATM screen prompts you to enter your secret 4-digit PIN number. So, you have to enter the secret PIN available with you by means of buttons on the keyboard provided in ATM.
10. Once you enter the PIN number, now your ATM card is active. Post office ATM activation is on now. This is how to activate Postal ATM card.
11. It is recommended to change the PIN number that you receive along with the sealed envelope for the first time immediately before you make any transaction.
12. Once your card is active, you are right now ready to use it for cash withdrawal or fund transfer, etc in any Post office ATM or a Bank ATM.
Post office ATM Card Activation online
13. How to activate post office atm card online? or Post office ATM card online apply or even how to apply post office atm card online? is also often thought of. But, Post office ATM card activation online is not available right now in India. How to apply post office atm card online is also often thought of. But, you may have to go ahead with the above-mentioned process on how to activate post office ATM card instead of Post office ATM Card activation online. Post office ATM card online transaction is not possible right now.
How to use post office atm card?
The post office ATM card can be used in any post office ATM or bank ATM to withdraw cash or check the balance in their account. It is possible because of interoperability that is available with Bank ATMs. Now, you know how to use post office ATM card. As you have already gone through the process on how to activate post office debit card, you can proceed further.
How to get post office atm card?
How to get post office atm card? is the next question for a customer on opening a Savings Bank account in a Post office. A Post office Savings Bank Account holder can apply for a Post office ATM card at the time of opening of SB account or subsequently.
The post office ATM application form has to be submitted at the post office counter to get a post office ATM card. Details like the mobile number to receive SMS alerts whenever you make a transaction in ATM.
Further, you can give the email details so that you can be alerted through email as well for every ATM transaction. Post office ATM Card will be issued by the post office instantaneously which are called Insta cards. You need to activate postal atm card as mentioned above.
You may wish to get a personalized post office ATM card with your personalized name printed on it. For this, it may take some time to receive it from the Bangalore National ATM unit. Then you should go for Post office ATM activation.
Can I use my post office account card at any atm?
Yes. In view of the interoperability of Banks and post office ATMs, you can use my post office account card at any atm.
Finally, now you know how to activate a Post office ATM card or the process as to how to activate Post office Debit card. ATM card Post office can be activated easily as mentioned above.
In conclusion, if you have anything to add to this topic: post office atm card activation; do mention in the comments section below right now.
(sukanya samriddhi yojana post office online account opening form details are provided)